At Ziegler Law Group LLC, we are committed to guiding you through every stage of the legal process, including early settlement and economic mediation. Steps four and five play a crucial role in reaching a resolution for financial decisions and ensuring a smooth divorce process. Our experienced attorneys will provide the necessary support and expertise to help you achieve a favorable outcome. Trust us to navigate the complexities of early settlement and economic mediation, striving for the best possible results.
Step four and five- Early settlement and economic mediation:
- The court schedules a date for ESP where a few attorneys serve as panelists and make recommendations for settlement of financial decisions.
- If a final settlement was reached the parties will appear before the judge after the panel for uncontested hearings with their attorneys. They will leave with a final judgement of divorce.
- If a written agreement was not signed after ESP, the parties and their attorneys will check in with their judge to advise that a formal agreement still needs to be prepared. Once it is finalized and signed by both parties a court date is scheduled for an uncontested hearing to obtain a final judgement of divorce.
- If we do not settle with ESP, the court will mandate the parties attend economic mediation. The first two hours are free, consisting of one hour prep and one hour meeting.
- If mediation is successful a settlement agreement will be prepared and signed by both parties and their attorneys, then they will go before the judge so a final judgement of divorce can be issued.
- If mediation is not successful a second case management conference may be conducted by the judge.
At Ziegler Law Group LLC, our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal support during the early settlement and economic mediation processes. We understand the importance of reaching a fair and satisfactory resolution for financial decisions in divorce cases.
Our skilled attorneys will guide you through the ESP, leveraging their expertise to facilitate a favorable settlement. If an agreement is reached, we will ensure all necessary documentation is prepared and guide you through the uncontested hearing to obtain the final judgment of divorce.
In cases where early settlement efforts do not succeed, our team will advocate for your interests during economic mediation. We will work diligently to negotiate a settlement agreement that meets your needs and protect your rights.
If you're ready to navigate the early settlement and economic mediation processes with experienced legal professionals, contact us today. Call our office or fill out the contact form on our website to schedule a consultation. We are here to provide you with the guidance and support you need to achieve a successful resolution to your divorce case.
For the general public: This Blog/Website is made available by the law firm publisher, Ziegler Law Group LLC for information and educational purposes only. It provides general information and a general understanding of the law but does not provide specific legal advice to any reader. By using this site, commenting on posts, or sending inquiries through the site or contact email, you confirm that there is no attorney-client relationship created between you and the Blog/Website publisher. The Blog/Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice you obtain from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.
For attorneys: This Blog/Website is informational in nature and is not a substitute for legal research or a consultation/representation on specific matters pertaining to your clients. Due to the dynamic nature of legal doctrines or the current law what might be upheld or viable one day may be changed or modified the next. As such, all of the content of this entire blog must not be relied upon as a basis for arguments to a court or for specific individualized advice to clients without, again, further research or a formal consultation with our professionals.